Saturday, January 24, 2009

Holding nothing back...

Surrender.

I'm not good at it.

Surrender.

But Lord, can't I try to do it on my own?

Surrender.

How about I try to handle things for a while, and if it doesn't work out--THEN I'll surrender? 

~~~
I don't purposely have those conversations with God. But it just happens. That's often my attitude, as I offer my struggles to God, only to snatch them back two days later.

I miss the worship times at Liberty; I really do. We sang this song, and it was always moving. I have it on my ipod at least. Lately, I've been reminded about the importance of surrendering our desires and our plans over to our Savior. He knows the desires of our hearts, and it might not always work out the way we WANT it to, but when has He ever failed us? 
 
All I’ve got 
All I am 
All my dreams and 
All my plans 
I’m holding back 
I’m holding nothing back from you 

I surrender it all 
I lay it before you 
For all of my days 
I’ll give you the glory 
You caused me to see 
My heart is divided 
Lord, take all of me 
‘Cause I have decided 
...I'm holding nothing back from you.

-According to John//Nothing Back


No comments: